Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Summery cover for my brother('s laptop)

This was supposed to be a birthday present in April. But as you have noticed, all those special dates have gotten a little difficult for me this year, and I am still catching up on last year's Christmas.


I made a cover for my brother's laptop a few years back, and was so delighted to see he really used it lots. Now he's gotten himself one of those superslim macbook airs, and I've been wanting to "cover" that one for him too. Finally, here's what I came up with. I thought of something light and summery, and a pattern to go along with some shirts I noticed in his wardrobe.

The inside is lined with a soft thicker kind of cotton called "Molton". I really love working with this fabric, even though it is usually used to cover iron boards for example. Hopefully it will keep away some ugly scratches you usually get from carrying your laptop around to public places or meetings.

The front flap easily closes with the help of simple Velcro. I used some blue linen to fortify the rather soft lining, so it will withstand grasping and ripping in rushy hours.

Can't wait to see this one in action!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this looks wonderful! And so professional sewed! You're really talented!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...