Thursday, March 31, 2011

Printing by Hand

Thank you first of all for your encouraging words and well wishes regarding both, my cat and pouch. I've been so torn between the worry about her leg and the eagerness to pursue my little sewing projects these days that it's been a good roller coaster ride, and your warm wishes are a real comfort.

The limping has not gotten any better yet, so I have decided to take her to a vet today, just to make sure that she doesn't have any major injuries that may give her a hard time in the long run. She hates the traveling box though, so you can imagine the look on her face right now as the box is already standing in her field of view.


Thanks to a recommendation of a good friend I got my hands on this wonderful book, which I can only encourage anyone to have (or at least peek in) who loves to work with fabric and printing. It's called "Printing by Hand" by Lena Corwin, and has the most delicious pictures and lovingly detailed descriptions for those who would like to personalize their projects with self made prints and patterns (there is also a very nice description of it here).

The little projects are so inspiring, and I really can't wait to get my hands on a few tools to try some of these techniques. I haven't tried printing onto fabrics before, so I think this is a really animating book for anyone who would like to give it a go.

1 comment:

  1. It looks a very inspiring book. Especially since I'm busy designing my own patterns. I might be able to use this book, so I'm really glad you made a post about it. I'll probably end up buying it soon. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...