Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Plums and tomatoes




You probably guessed it already. It was baking time again. The terrible weather has reminded me of autumn, so I felt like baking a proper cake for exactly that season. The plums weren't really that ripe yet, but "sour things make you merry", as we say around here. And merriness was just what I needed.

This is a one-(wo)man cake, by the way, in case you were wondering why those plums look so gigantic. I've been using this special tin ring as well for my carrot cake, and it's been quite practical for those recipes you cut in half, cause you really aren't expecting such a big tea-party. It's also perfect for test-cakes, if you haven't tried a recipe before yet.



I have been enjoying my self grown tomatoes so much. I'm amazed how well they're doing. And it all began with such a tiny seed!

It's always surprising to meet people who don't like tomatoes. Well, of course you are allowed to dislike tomatoes, just as much as I dislike broccoli. And we won't argue about it. But if I ever had to go on a desert island and could only choose 3 kinds of vegetables, it would be tomatoes, garlic, and tomatoes - without batting an eye. 

Probably noone is going to ask me about my preferences in the department of vegetables I suppose, should I really ever be on a desert island.

1 comment:

  1. Oh! I could come to that desert island with you cause me too, i love tomatoes & garlic!!

    Some cake with plums would do it too though...

    Sylx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...